Brewers Brewer #2, Winter Comphttps://sunshinecoastbrewers.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/BrewersBrewer-Banner-1920x618-1-1024x318.jpg 1024 318 Ged Johnson Ged Johnson https://sunshinecoastbrewers.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/profile-ged-100x100.jpg
Date(s) - 29/08/2020
11:00 am - 9:00 pm
This is the clubs Winter competition, our second “Brewer’s Brewer” for 2020. Essentially this an anonymous beer swap for Black beers and IPA’s. Your beers will be judged by your peers through the clubs online scoring systems. You will also receive 12-10 beers in return to judge yourself. The top three winners will receive prizes and the overall winner will have their name engraved on the clubs trophy.
We encourage all winners to provide a recipe for others to brew. Its a great way to learn/teach others. Initially it was winter stout comp, but thought it might get too heavy and repetitive. So, we added IPA’s. Enjoy the comp brewers!
Winter Comp Overview
- Enter a Black beer or IPA that 6% or more
- Brew and fill 12 x 750ml PET bottles (plastic)
- You can enter both styles, 2 entries
- All entries are anonymous, anyone can win
- Brew must be referenced to BJCP guidlines, making judging easier.
- Entries will be given a code. No labels on bottles, just put the code on your beer box before drop off.
- When receiving other beers to judge, score them online over 2 weeks.
- You will be able to view you scores as they are judged over that 2 weeks.
- 10-12 people each judging group and Black/IPA beers will be allocated evenly
- Must register as a member $5, if you aren’t already
- Register online before Sunday 19th July midnight. Links below.
- The Swap day. Drop off your beers at 11am sharp Sat 15th Aug. (past 12pm dropoff is disqualified).
- Pickup your beers on the same day Sat 15th, around 1pm. Hang for beers with others if you can.
If you cant make it on the swap day, arrange a time to drop them off before and pick them up later that week. We will fridge them.
- Presentation Day BBQ starts 11am, Sat 29th Aug.
For this competition, we are NOT doing sponsors. We’re using the registration fees to pay for prizes. Awesome right?
- Winner! Top Score, the best of IPA/Stout – Name engraved on the clubs Trophy
- Best Stout (or black beer): Club Trophy, 25Kg bag of Pale Malt
- Best IPA: 25Kg bag of Pale Malt
- Most Inventive: 25Kg bag of Pale Malt
Big day. Winners and Prizes will be announced after the BBQ lunch. Brewers will know their individual scores but no one know who’s won. This an afternoon full of festivity. We will brew a few kegs and an afternoon BBQ is provided.
- Free to entrants
- Bring a Family/Friend, $15/each
- Day includes a decent Lunch BBQ
- 3 kegs on tap (hoppy pale ale 5%)
- Event held at Geds in Nth Buderim