SCABs Saison Sweep-Stakehttps://sunshinecoastbrewers.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Everett Putney Everett Putney https://sunshinecoastbrewers.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Ev2-100x100.jpg
Date(s) - 29/04/2023
11:00 am - 5:00 pm
The ‘Ánzac’ challenge will be held internally this year with the Saison competition moved to Putney’s Pit in Buderim.
Note – Our original plans to hold with Noosa fell through, we will look to host a club challenge again next year.
- Free to enter – must have a current SCABs membership
- Competition style “Saison” (BJCP style 25b)
- All brewers will submit at least 2 x 750ml PET bottles labelled with ABV, IBU and ingredients.
- Club members present on the day will test and conduct a silent vote for the best beer in accordance with the chosen style.
- Each member will receive up to a 100mm sample of each entry to test, judge and if confident, provide feedback.
What’s up for grabs?
- 1st Prize: A duo of scabs etched club glasses & the trophy!
- 2nd Prize: Multiple assorted hops of unknown sizes from Stu’s freezer
- 3rd Prize: 2 sachets of M76 Bavarian Lager yeast and 1 sachet of S23 Saflager from Putney’s fridge
- Buderim location – 29th April 2023
- Beer drop at 11am for a 12pm judging
- Drop off your beer, join in the judging (we’ll do this as a team). If you have not entered a beer… no worries, hang around and have a beer with us!
- Putney will throw a brisket in the smoker for lunch around 1pm ish. If you have dietary requirements, bring your own food.
- Scores will be compiled via a silent vote and the winner drawn on the day.
Hit the contact us page – https://sunshinecoastbrewers.com/contact/